Unfortunately, Etsy doesn't currently provide a easy way of obtaining your financial sales information directly so there is quite a bit of work involved in locating, downloading and then summarising your data.
If you are looking to do this yourself instead of using automatic Etsy bookkeeping software (which will do this in minutes for you) you'll want to follow these long and tedious instructions:
Finding your Etsy Direct Checkout Fee Total
Download your Direct Checkout Payments CSV file. This will provide you with your raw list of all payments made by this method. In this file, you'll find your gross Direct Checkout total and your Payment Processing fees.
To download your Direct Checkout Payments CSV file, navigate to Shop > Shop Settings > Options > Download Data.
Finding your Order Shipping & Sales Taxes Total
Next, you'll want to find your totals for shipping and sales tax. This is located in your Orders CSV.
- Download your Orders CSV file by navigating to Shop > Shop Settings > Options > Download Data.
Finding your Etsy Fee Total
You'll now want to download your monthly billing files - the steps below need to be repeated for each of the months inside your last financial year (so 12 times if you are using a standard calendar year)
- Navigate to Your Shop > Finances > Your Bill
- Select the month from the dropdown
- Click “Download this entire monthly statement as a CSV file."
- Wait for the file to download and then open it in your spreadsheet program
Finding your Etsy PayPal fee totals
If you also use standalone PayPal as a payment option, you'll also want to login to your PayPal account and download your transaction fee history file.
- Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
- Click 'History' near the top of the page.
- Navigate to the 'All activity' page, or click the links near the top of the page to view 'Recent Activity' or to find an individual transaction.
- Click the More dropdown list, then select Download History
- Choose the date range of transactions and the file type (for opening in a spreadsheet you'll most likely want 'CSV')
- Click 'Download History.'
Thinking there must be a better way than this?
You'll be happy to hear that there is: Craftybase can instantly import your data from Etsy and PayPal, compiling into exactly the right numbers you need for your bookkeeper. Give Craftybase a try today!